Monday, March 4, 2013

A Decision To Make



BORED.

Is this the kind of life that I wanted, dreamed of and longing for so long before SPM?

Surely NOT.

Before that I was having lots and lots of promises to myself and yet still I'm wasting all the time given on non-beneficial programmes.

Okay, now I know that actually boredom can cause serious damage on me. I just couldn't stand it! The feeling of doing nothing at all feels awkward. How I wish I can just take a bucket of water and splash it all over me. (Wake up girl!)



Monologue:
It is March now, how much time do you still have?
A year? Half-year?

ONLY 3 MONTHS to go! (to Form 6) (Man, that's creepy :( )

After that you will NO TIME AT ALL.
You will get back in school and keep studying, so why wasting your time by doing nothing?
_________________________________________________________

Other than that, what troubles me the most is the decision of selecting subject to study in Form 6.
I always dreamed of becoming a veterinarian. 
I love small animals such as dogs and cats; of course big animals too, like horses, elephants and giraffe.
However, I'm very aware of my family financial status and it will be a big burden to my parents if I persue my dream with private education sector.





There is a idiom in English saying, "If there is a will, there is a way."
It is still a possiblity of reaching my ambition through government education, that is through Form 6 and later to UPM ( Universiti Putra Malaysia ) veterinarian bachelor degree.



But, there is a hiccup, rumour saying I will need to get atleast 4 flats aka 4 As in STPM studies to get even considered to be selected!
(Please be aware that I am a non-bumiputera)

And, getting 4 flats in STPM is as hard as you can imagine. Throughout the history, normally about 3 to 4 students in my high school got 4 flats in STPM, but they are mostly Physic students!

Furthermore, there is NO ONE can promise your placing in that university even you got 4 flats!

Hearing to this, you can imagine how does it pull my face down to a :( .

So I was adviced to consider the Second option.
That is to be a Physic-student.

I know that I have a nor hate nor like relationship with my dear Physic here. And it should be give more advantages to me as the Engineering field is wider and not so specific compared to Biological sciences such as medicine, pharmacy, bio-medic,  dentistry and stuff.
As a plus, studying Physic requires more analytic and problem-solving skill compared to memorizing skill which is commonly used in studying Biology . I don't have a good memorizing skill.
__________________________________________________________

I didn't want to make a decision that I will regret my whole life.
Just to be sure, I made an appointment with my school counsellor, Pn. Lee.
She is a helpful and friendly teacher, she gave all her attention to me by listening my thoughts first before giving me some useful advices. After a short brief talk about my ambition, she decided to give me a personality test. (Holland Code Quiz)

The result came out to be very similar to what I've expected.
I got I, S and C.
Which stands for Investigative, Social and Coventional. However, I got high marks for other Holland Code too.
The conclusion Pn. Lee gave me is I am more to Biology rather than Physic. Oh-oh!

Hmmm... In the end, I will still need to make this decision myself. Perhaps I just need to have a little more time to explore and discover more about myself.

Hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment